Sublimated hockey jerseys are a popular choice for teams looking to stand out on the ice. The process of creating a great sublimated hockey jersey involves several key steps, including selecting a design, choosing the right materials, and working with a skilled manufacturer. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at each of these steps and provide some tips for creating a winning design.
Step 1: Choose a Design
The first step in designing a sublimated hockey jersey is to come up with a design that reflects your team’s personality and style. This can involve brainstorming ideas with your team members or working with a professional designer to create a custom look. Some key factors to consider when selecting a design include:
- Colors: Choose colors that complement your team logo and are visually appealing on the ice.
- Graphics: Incorporate graphics, logos, and other elements that represent your team or brand.
- Fonts: Select fonts that are easy to read and complement your overall design.
- Style: Consider the style of your jersey, including the cut, collar, and sleeve length.
When designing your sublimated hockey jersey, it’s also important to keep in mind the technical requirements of the manufacturing process. Sublimation involves printing designs onto a special paper and then transferring the design onto the fabric using heat and pressure. This means that certain design elements, such as shading and gradients, may not translate well in the sublimation process. It’s important to work with a designer who understands the technical requirements of sublimation and can create a design that will look great on the ice.
Step 2: Choose the Right Materials
The next step in designing a great sublimated hockey jersey is to choose the right materials. Sublimation works best with certain types of fabrics, such as polyester or a polyester blend. These materials are lightweight, moisture-wicking, and allow for vibrant colors and designs. When selecting materials for your sublimated hockey jersey, consider the following factors:
- Fabric quality: Choose a high-quality fabric that is durable, comfortable, and moisture-wicking.
- Weight: Select a fabric weight that is appropriate for your team’s needs and preferences. Upper Edge offers 2 weights.
- Fit: Choose a fabric that will provide a comfortable and flattering fit for your team members.
Step 3: Work with a Skilled Manufacturer
The final step in designing a great sublimated hockey jersey is to work with a skilled manufacturer who can bring your design to life. Upper Edge has experience in sublimation printing and a proven track record of producing high-quality jerseys. Some key factors to consider when selecting a manufacturer include:
- Communication: We communicate clearly and regularly throughout the design and production process.
- Quality control: Make sure the manufacturer has a rigorous quality control process in place to ensure that your jerseys meet your expectations.
- Minimums: We offer an industry low 6 minimum order for jerseys.
- Turnaround time: We can do a 4-6 week turnaround time.
By following these steps and working with Upper Edge Hockey, you can create a great sublimated hockey jersey that your team will be proud to wear on the ice.